Ideally located between Chevy Chase, MD, and Northwest Washington, D.C., is the charming neighborhood of Rock Creek Forest. This well-established community offers a combination of tranquil suburban living with convenient access to all that Washington, D.C., has to offer.
Over 2,000 people call Rock Creek Forest home. The neighborhood features both single-family homes and townhouses. Many of the houses were built in the middle of the 20th century. Homebuyers will find a mix of Colonial and Tudor-style homes as well as mid-century Ramblers. Shady, tree-lined streets and a deep sense of community pride contribute to the neighborhood’s welcoming atmosphere.
As the name implies, Rock Creek Forest sits on the edge of scenic Rock Creek Park. Rock Creek Park is the oldest natural urban park in the National Park System and features access to trails for hiking and horseback riding, numerous picnic areas, the Rock Creek Park Golf Course, and the Rock Creek Tennis Center. Each summer, the Tennis Center hosts the Mubadala Citi DC Open. Rock Creek Park offers the perfect retreat for outdoor enthusiasts.
Rock Creek Forest offers convenient access to a wide variety of amenities, including:
- The Rock Creek Shopping Center, located on Grubb Road, is the shopping center for the community. The shopping center features three restaurants, a pharmacy, a veterinary clinic, a dry cleaner, a health club, and a paint store.
- Just south of East-West Highway and adjacent to Rock Creek Park is Meadowbrook Local Park. The park includes five softball fields, a lighted baseball field, four lighted tennis courts, soccer fields, and a playground known by locals as “Candy Cane City.” Nearby Meadowbrook Riding Stables offers boarding for horses as well as riding classes and summer camps.
- The neighborhood is a short drive from the restaurants and shops of downtown Bethesda and Silver Spring. It is also less than ten miles from the heart of Washington, D.C., and all of the amenities the District offers.
- Rock Creek Forest residents benefit from excellent Montgomery County Public Schools and local private schools, making it an ideal choice for families.
- Median Sale Price: $860,000
- Houses Built: 1941 to 1994
- Public Schools: 6
- Walk Score: 62
- Bike Score: 63
Rock Creek Forest is well-connected to major roads and public transportation. Main arteries, such as Georgia Avenue to the east and Connecticut Avenue to the west, provide direct access to downtown Washington, D.C. Beach Drive is another convenient way to drive into the city. The neighborhood is also serviced by Metrobus and RideOn bus routes. Metro’s Red Line offers stops at nearby Silver Spring and Forest Glen. The region’s Purple Line, scheduled to open in 2026, will have a stop at the nearby Lyttonsville station.
Would you like to call Rock Creek Forest home? Contact me today to discuss how we can work together to find your dream home.